Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Hooked on Purses - Misha@etsy



This week's feature indie designer is: Hooked on Purses

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
My name is Maxine Ricks and I design and create unique clothing and accessories, mostly for women. My current project is ballroom dresses although my favorite material to work with is vintage neckties. I'm thinking about how I can combine the two and come up with a ballroom dress made from neckties.
I am located in beautiful West Texas near Dallas

2. How did you come up with your business name?
My business started with one purse from a fabric remnant and I couldn't stop! I would always tell my husband that I was "hooked" and Hooked on Purses just naturally evolved from. My obsession has recently grown to include the ballroom dresses, necktie dresses, skirts and other apparel and accessories. Although I don't make a lot of purses anymore, the name is cute, catchy and easy to remember so I think I'll keep it. I make sure in my marketing that everyone knows that Hooked on Purses is not just for purses anymore.

3. Where do you sell your products?
I have an etsy site, Misha and I am currently working on an individual website. I sell the ballroom dresses locally with plans to include the Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin/San Antonio markets soon.

4. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
Currently I do not belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations but I would love to!

5. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
When I am not making things, I work as a Registered Nurse with a specialty in psychiatric nursing.

6. What would be your dream job?
My dream job would be to make a living designing and sewing for the public.

7. What’s your favorite color?
My favorite color is red. I believe it reflects my personality, red hot!

8. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
The most difficult aspect of running my business is the actual business side. I love creating but unfortunately (especially for my husband) keeping the books is an area I struggle with.

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner,
after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal is the traditional Thanksgiving meal. I don't know if it's so much the food as the gathering of the family.

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
I prefer coffee, I hate tea. My husband on the other hand is a tea lover, anytime day or night.

{big hugs} to Maxine for the great interview. Thanks!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
After reading this website I found a cool site on google related to your website. I thought you or your site readers would find it interesting in what I found. I posted them below and I think you will find it very weird as well.

[url=http://www.google.com/search?sitesearch=www.luxurygiftsbags.com&ie=UTF-8&q=Louis+Vuitton]Google 1st Site - Click Here...[/url]
Google 2nd Site - Click Here...


I am a noobie at making links so my bad if I didn't do it the right way. I tried :). Love ur site too!

Keep up the good work,
Terisa