Sunday, February 11, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special










Today's interview is with Jennifer at Quarry Jewelry.

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
My name is Jennifer Kennedy and I design and handcraft gemstone jewelry under the Quarry Jewelry name.

2. Where are you located?
I live in (mostly) sunny Ft. Lauderdale.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
I wanted a name that was evocative of my use of natural stones so Quarry seemed like a good idea. Also it means the “object of pursuit” and I think great accessories are always worth pursuing.

4. Where do you sell your products?
I sell them on the web on my site and other sites and am starting to develop my wholesale business.

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
I love the Switchboards. I found the women on that board incredibly insightful and extremely generous with their knowledge and ideas. I also participate in the about.com jewelry making forum and have learned a lot from those members as well.

6. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
I love horses and spend much of my free time at the barn riding and hanging out with my horse.

7. Have any marketing or business tips you’d like to share?
I've seen great results with blog advertising. The rates are very low and it’s very targeted. There are lots of really great blogs out there that have extremely loyal and devoted audiences and I think they present small business owners with a wonderful advertising vehicle.

8. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
Paperwork. Just ask my accountant.

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
I could eat sushi every day of the week and never get tired of it. If I’m craving comfort food, my favorite Italian restaurant makes butternut squash ravioli with a light sage cream sauce. Heavenly!

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
I drink both but am going through a green tea phase at the moment.

{hugs} to Jennifer for the terrific interview. Be sure to check out her elegant, unique jewelry :)

No comments: