Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Lindsay's Candles & Stuff





1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
Hi! My name is Lindsay Green & I own Lindsay’s Candles & Stuff. I make scented candles, soaps and bath & body products. I started Lindsay’s Candles & Stuff back in September 2004, while I was still in college. I had been making candles for 10 months at that point & figured people liked them, why not sell them! Soap & bath & body products entered the product line shortly after, once I had enough time to test them all out personally.

2. Where are you located?
Pickering, Ontario, Canada

3. How did you come up with your business name?
I came up with it one night when I was lying in bed trying to fall asleep. I seem to come up with lots of things like that!

4. Where do you sell your products?
I sell them through my own website www.lindsayscandles.com as well as through 2 other local shops. We are currently looking for new wholesale partners.

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
I belong to The Switchboards as well as some other message boards for candle & soap making.

6. Read any good books lately?
Yes! I’ve really enjoyed the past 3 books I’ve read – A Million Little Pieces & My Friend Leonard both by James Frey and more recently Wild Orchid by Beverley Brenna, it’s written from the point of view of an 18-year old girl with Aspergers Syndrome, which was interesting seeing as my day job is working with children with special needs.

7. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
I work for the school board as an Educational Assistant. I also enjoy scrapbooking!

8. What would be your dream job?
To be a foster parent & bump up production with Lindsay’s Candles & Stuff.

10. What’s your favorite color?
Pink! With blue/teal running close behind.

11. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
Keeping all of the paperwork up to date. It’s definitely the most boring part!

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
Any sort with pasta, tomato & chicken!

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Definitely tea!

No comments: