Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Mairzey Dotes









1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
I’m actually a veterinarian. Don’t get me wrong…I love the animal biz. But after having 2 children, I decided I would rather have more time at home. So, I ventured into Mairzey Dotes. I create baby blankets from chenille and modern, vintage prints. 100% cotton. 100% washable!
2. Where are you located?
We originally began the biz in Chicago, but recently moved to Indianapolis. Really, you can only have so many kids, pets, and sewing projects in a teeny tiny downtown condo!
3. How did you come up with your business name?
It’s from a silly children’s song. The song has been a favorite to many generations in our family. Mairzey dotes and dozey dotes and little lambzied ivy….
4. Where do you sell your products?
www.mairzeydotes.com.
5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
The Switchboards, The Designer Only Lounge at the Daily Stroll, and Trunkt.
6. Read any good books lately?
Ha! I think the last book I read was something about potty training a toddler. Let’s just say, I didn’t get the book completely read…and he’s not potty trained yet! I actually just started reading “The 5 People You Meet in Heaven.” Not too far into yet…let’s see how long it takes me to finish a “short read.”
7. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
Play with my kids, work in my garden, shop…and I definitely keep busy with all of the other aspects of my business.
8. What’s your favorite color?
Blue…all shades!

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
I’m a sucker for a Reuben sandwich and greasy fries!
2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Coffee. Black.

No comments: