Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Starving Artist Bazaar




Today's Sunday Brunch interview is with Jennifer of Starving Artist Bazaar.

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
My name is Jennifer Syfu and I'm a glass artist/graphic designer. I run
Starving Artist Bazaar. I employ 20,000 thousand people around the globe.
Just kidding. Just me, but I might recruit my sister.

2. Where are you located?
I'm located in Chicago (poor Bears). In the near future I will also be in
Phoenix.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
I had to go on medical leave from my old design job and had no money. I'm
very literal.

4. Where do you sell your products?
I have my online shop, Starving Artist Bazaar
and I also go to local craft fairs. (Yay Renegade
Craft Fair!)

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
I'm a member of Indie Finds, The Switchboards and a contributor to The
Sampler! Also a member of kiva.org.

6. What inspires you?
Glass and successful crafty business women.

7. Read any good books lately?
I'm reading Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian for the 3rd time.

8. Do you ever get stumped for ideas? How do you work through it?
I do a lot of sketching. Then I make a few and see if people like them.

9. What would be your dream job?
A successful artist/champion surfer. Too bad I get motion sick.

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after
all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
Very hard question! Right now it's Sukiyaki. Or maybe Chicago-style deep
dish pizza from Gino's East.

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Tea. All I drink now is Rooibos Savannah.

{big hugs} to Jennifer for the interview and for having such a cool site to shop!

No comments: