Sunday, April 8, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Roxi Designs




1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
My name is Roxanne and I am owner of Roxi Designs. I create stationery and jewelry from my home studio. I started my business in 1999.

2. Where are you located?
I am located in California.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
Everyone would refer to my business with my first name like 'Roxi Art' or 'Roxi's Cards' but I liked the word 'design' and went with that.

4. Where do you sell your products?
Right now my jewelry and cards can be found at Unique Freaque in Oak Park, IL and at Sentimental Reasons in Mexico, MO. And of course at http://www.roxidesigns.com!

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
Yes, I do. I belong to two wonderful groups of like-minded business owners at The Switchboards and at The Bliss Guild.

6. What inspires you?
Going on vacation inspires me. When I get back I have so many ideas for new designs, etc.

7. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
I update my website and blogs. Answer my emails. And try to do one thing everyday to get my business 'out there.'

8. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Art class! We had art every Friday and that was what I lived for!

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
Dessert! Ice Cream Sundae with Caramel Syrup!

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Coffee! Anything with chocolate, mochas or mocha capuccino's!

1 comment:

Roxanne Mendoza said...

Thanks Julie for the write up!

Roxi