Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Sylvia & Marcos













1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
I have always had a passion for entrepreneurship, the cosmetics industry, and helping others. I’ve been blessed in having the opportunity to take this passion to the next level with Sylvia & Marcos.

Sylvia & Marcos provides natural skincare products with an emphasis on reaching the multicultural consumer. I’m constantly researching the benefits of various ingredients, and ingredient combinations. It’s extremely important for people of ethnic backgrounds, whose skin is more sensitive to chemicals and abrasiveness, to use natural skincare products whenever possible. I encourage everyone to take a moment to read the ingredient labels on their favorite products. It’s important to empower oneself.

2. Where are you located?
Right now… We’re located in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington D.C.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
Sylvia & Marcos represents my Panamanian heritage and who I am. It also reminds me of why I’m here and where my source of strength comes from, my grandparents (Sylvia & Marcos).

4. Where do you sell your products?
Our products may be found online on our website at www.sylviamarcos.com, or they may be purchased at select e-tailors and boutiques across the country.

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations? No.

6. What inspires you?
Life, nature, and family.

7. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
I enjoy traveling, art, writing, discovering a great new restaurant, being with family and friends.

8. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
Besides taking the first leap in opening up Sylvia & Marcos, the most challenging aspect is keeping the Sylvia & Marcos vision fresh and marketable.

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner, after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite meal, a flavorful Spanish dish, tamales!

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee? Coffee

Big thanks go out to Sylvia & Marcos for the great interview. Be sure to check them out at Sylvia & Marcos.

No comments: