Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Little Uni







1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
Andrea and I met 10 years ago as graphic designers working at a design
firm in Chicago. We had always talked about starting a business together
at some point. I have always loved making things and one of my passions
was giving personalized baby tees as gifts. After Andrea had twins, I
brought over tees for the babies and we decided it was the perfect time to
get the business going.

2. Where are you located?
We are located in Chicago.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
"Uni" has been our longtime nickname for each other so when we decided to
start our business it seemed natural to include it. We also like it
because it can mean other things.

4. Where do you sell your products?
Currently through our website, www.littleuni.com, and Red Balloon in Chicago.

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
The switchboards

6. What inspires you?
Interesting fabrics, seeing amazing things other people make, etsy.com,
and craft and home design blogs.

7. When you’re not making things, what do you do?
I do graphic design work and Andrea spends time with her twins Mira and Will.

8. What would be your dream job?
We are doing it!

9. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
Not enough time to get everything done. Also being creative people yet
having to figure out the business side like every other business.

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner,
after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
My favorite is sushi which I don't have nearly enough because my husband
doesn't like it as much as me. Andrea likes margarita pizza.

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
I like coffee. Andrea likes tea.

Thanks Little Uni for the wonderful interview and adorable t-shirts! Be sure to visit Little Uni.

No comments: