Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Brunch Special: Peggy Li Creations










1. Tell us a little bit about yourself and your indie business.
I started my business like a lot of indie designers -- for the fun of it! I couldn't afford to buy fancy jewelry, so I decided to make some for myself. Voila, the business was born.

2. Where are you located?
San Francisco, CA.

3. How did you come up with your business name?
It didn't require filing for a business name! And "creations" implies all sorts of art, not just jewelry.

4. Where do you sell your products?
www.peggyli.com

5. Do you belong to any local and/or web groups or affiliations?
I'm a regular poster on The Switchboards and IndieFinds.

6. What inspires you?
Beautiful natural materials are always inspiring.

7. Read any good books lately?
I've just started reading Jim Collins' book, "Good to Great" about what makes great businesses.

8. Have any marketing or business tips you’d like to share?
Know your target market. Learn all you can about your business. Be persistent.

9. Do you ever get stumped for ideas? How do you work through it?
I read lots of fashion magazines, or I look into my sketchbook to pick up any designs I haven't tried yet.

10. Do you have any quirks or obsessions you care to share?
I have a pet hamster, Houdini (is that a quirk?). Right now, I'm obsessed with American Idol!

11. What’s the most difficult aspect of running your biz?
Staying positive, giving myself credit for the success I've already had, taking the downs with the ups, and knowing that there is always work that can be done!

Ok, now these two are mandatory and I have to ask (this being a diner,
after all)

1. What is your favorite meal?
I love comfort foods -- mashed potatoes, meatloaf, soups.

2. Do you prefer tea or coffee?
Tea, although I do drink a lot of coffee!

Thanks to Peggy Li Creations for the wonderful interview. Be sure to check out her gorgeous jewelry at Peggy Li Creations.

No comments: